RVTools: Vmware Inventory Application

I ran across this tool not long ago.  It doesn't anything one can't do via other means, but it does it faster, doesn't require doing a bunch of scripting, puts all sorts of useful information in one screen and can export to a spreadsheet.  One of the things I use it for is finding what VM's have old snapshots sitting around.  I also used it the other day, when I was deleting old ISO files from a datastore, but couldn't as it was locked.  A VM had it mounted, but which one?  With this tool I was able to goto the CD rom tab and quickly scan to find the offending VM.

http://www.robware.net/rvtools/


1 comment:

  1. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.
    Startups

    ReplyDelete