Virtual machines that are protected with VMware's SRM v5.1 cannot have their hard drive re-sized when that VM is protected. In order for one to change the drive size, on must:
1. rename the replica folder (if you don't do this the entire VM will need to be replicated again).
2. delete the replication job, for whatever reason on cannot simply just pause it.
3. use vmkfstools -X vmdkname.vmdk to grow the replica copy.
4. change the size of the hard drive on the VM.
5. re-setup the replication job.