Rant: Why Craig's List (people) suck

I had an ad for an $80 ready to rock PC for sale on Craig's List.  This person tries to low ball me down to $50, then wants me to deliver to a suburb that is 20 miles away...and some how I am the bad guy? hmmmm what?   Yes I could have been more communicative, but when your opening offer is 60% of the asking price, you can go pound sand.  Feel free to share his phone number!

Another ad, a $100 Intel i5 Windows 10 machine for sale for $100.  It was pictured hooked up to a 32" LED HDTV.  The ad makes no mention of a monitor, it does make mention that mouse/keyboard are included, wifi, ram and hard drive upgrades were possible.  A person asks me if the monitor is included!!!!   Yeah I am going to include a 32" TV with a $100 computer.  <Sigh>  Since then I started putting in my ads: "32" LED TV is NOT included, but I typically have other monitors for sale, see my other ads."

This is NOT actaully a conversation I had with someone, I stole it off of a IT group, but pretty much summarizes the expirences.



No comments:

Post a Comment